Dr. Wen Y. Wang, MD
Dr. Wang completed his degree in medicine at SUNY Downstate, his internship at Long Island Jewish Hospital, his diagnostic radiology residency at Maimonides Medical Center, and his vascular & interventional fellowship at St.Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital.
Dr. Wang was born in Taiwan and lived there until age 5; he was then raised in Brazil until age 12. In 1979, he moved to the U.S. and has lived here since. Within his first 2 years in the U.S, Dr. Wang was accepted into the competitive Stuyvesant HS (1982-1985), and was then admitted into the prestigious Sophie Davis Biomed at CCNY, into a 7-year B.S./M.D. program.
Dr. Wang has published articles in the topics of Interventional Radiology, Vascular Surgery, Nuclear Medicine, Pediatric, Neuro-radiology, and Body Imaging.
He has served as independent radiology contractor and consultant at Elmhurst Hospital, Parkway Hospital, St. John’s-Queens Hospital, Mary Immaculate Hospital, Franklin Hospital, and Mercy Medical Center.
- B.S./M.D. Sophie Davis Biomed at CCNY, 1990
- M.D. SUNY Downstate, 1992
Internship & Residency
- Internship, Long Island Jewish Hospital, 1992 - 1993
- Diagnostic Radiology Residency, Maimonides Medical Center, 1993-1997
- Vascular Interventional Fellowship, St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital, 1997-1998
Dr. Wang has also held numerous leadership positions, including:
- Director of Radiology Dept, North General Hospital, 1999-2000
- Residency Program Director & Assistant Chairman of Radiology Dept, NY Methodist Hospital, 2001
- Associate Director of Radiology Dept, Queens Hospital Center, 2001-2003
- Director of Radiology, Middle Village Radiology PC, 2003
- and Richmond Hill Radiology PC, 2003-Present